Welcome to the Zymic webmaster forums. Our forums are here to provide people the free ability to discuss a range of websites related topics such as design, development coding and marketing.
In order to post you will need to register for a zymic account or if you already have one simply login by using the form on the left.
|Zymic Webmaster ForumsGeneral DiscussionChatter Box|
Sep 4 2008, 01:40 AM
Joined: 27-August 08
From: Washington D.C.
Member No.: 56,968
I want to watch sad movies to help me cry...
Are there any SAD movies? Movies that would make me cry a lot...
Oct 10 2008, 05:18 PM
Joined: 9-March 08
From: Naples, FL
Member No.: 13,296
These are a few REALLY good movies that got me teary eyed.... Do note I get teary eyed easily
1) Armageddon (of course!)
2) The Ultimate Gift - A rich grandson is left a series of "gifts" by his late grandfather but in order to get the "ultimate gift" (final gift) he has to go through a series of tasks that make him a better person. ( This movie was REALLY good)
3) PS I Love You - A woman's husband dies, though she mysteriously starts receiving letters from him periodically asking her to do certain things that will help her get over him, yet always remember him. Sounds similar to Ultimate Gift but not in a single way except the having to do tasks. (I think I actually cried a little bit, probably one of the saddest movies I have EVER seen).
4) Boy A - A young adult gets out of jail after being there for a crime he had committed as a little kid. He is put into protective custody / witness protection program as there are people who didn't want him to be released. He tries to be an adult and yet also be the kid he never could be. (Very strong drama IMO.. Kinda sad at certain parts, but more of a drama).
5) Atonement - A movie spreading over a good few years about a man and woman in love who get seperated due to a childs misunderstanding and jealousy. Shows how what happens effects the lives of others and how love can be stonger than all. (Good movie, and sad in some parts - Beware, it is kind of long but worth it all the while.)
6) Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married / Diary of a Mad Black Woman / Madea's Family Reunion - All movies about love, heartbreak, betrayal, ect. They're all funny and big dramas at certain points ( but I think I got teary eyed in each of them..)
7) Crash - A movie about how one or more things can effect he lives of so many other people. (The movie is more of a drama than a sad story, but there is one scene which was extremely sad so I would give it a thumbs up!)
8) Babel - This movie is similar to Crash (above) but a lot longer and I think it had alot more sad parts. Pretty much about how one thing gone wrong can effect the lives of so many people in many different countries. Has Brad Pitt in it.. It can get pretty boring at parts because of how long it is, but all in all it was a good movie. I AM SAD THOUGH because I never got to finish it - I tried 3 times and amazingly every time it got to a certain part 1) The DVD just stopped working.. 2) I tried watching on my On Demand on the TV and the power went out at the same part and 3) I had to go somewhere so I couldn't finish it... So I don't even know the ending but I heard it was kinda sad
There are alot of them, but those are the ones I can think of from looking a my Blockbuster Online rental history I watch a movie nearly -every- day (at least 250+ movies a year) so it's kind of hard for me to remember all of them and look through my rental history for the entire year. Hope this helped.
Even Jane felt The Ultimate Gift was sad.. It was VERY sad
You want sad.. want to try this one "The Passion of the Christ"
Umm... No, not sad. No offense to you jesus lovers but that movie sucked ass. Sure, it was powerful but I didn't think it was sad. I didn't cry. I thought it was pathetic on some levels.. :\
Wild Tigers I Have Known
The United States of Leland
Mysterious Skin <- Disturbing/So sad
Do note that LIE and Mysterious Skin are "gay" movies (in the actual sense gay.. Like they are movies about homosexuals). LIE wasn't really that sad I don't think but Mysterious Skin was pretty damn disturbing and sad
A Walk To Remember was a pretty sad movie but I wouldn't rate it up there w/ the ones I put up there.. It was sad, but I didn't get teary eyed in it.
I think the Notebook is the saddest movie out there.
Honestly, no... I wouldn't waste your time or money. I would go buy the book as the book made me cry more than the movie did. The movie was a pretty bad interperetation if you ask me.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 20th May 2013 - 06:21 PM|