Welcome to the Zymic webmaster forums. Our forums are here to provide people the free ability to discuss a range of websites related topics such as design, development coding and marketing.
In order to post you will need to register for a zymic account or if you already have one simply login by using the form on the left.
|Zymic Webmaster ForumsWeb Design & DevelopmentReviewsWebsite Reviews|
Dec 4 2007, 11:54 PM
Outrageously Uber Ninja
Joined: 19-September 07
From: Rochester, NY
Member No.: 86
Project title: TRCS
I used to be a student for this school called the Renaissance Charter School. They recently got a grant for $200,000 and hired my company to work on their newly purchased server. The server is powered using cPanel, and Virtuzzo. Our job was to do the following.
Design an overall layout for the site that will be compatible with all subdirectories. It must contain their knight logo and a right side bar with general quick information. In addition, it must be compliant with cPanel's webmail service (have a login script). Footer must contain a copyright info, with links to the pages.
The site must be coded in PHP and must be integrated into the server.
- cPanel theme must also be created to match the overall site layout
- must install horde mail services for cpanel
- code a cpanel login script to connect to WHM, cPanel, Webmail and their secure versions
- write a custom blog script that will help post latest news and information (max 5 announcements per page)
- Newsletter script must be written in php and installed. Must contain a admin panel
- The website code must be easy to read and modify.
So those were the general requirements (there were a lot more, but too many to list)
I did almost all as you can see on the site. I wrote the connect to cPanel script.
I just finished writing the blog script which was pretty difficult and I wouldn't have succeeded if I had not come across PHP E-Mail v1.3 by xire. I basically took the idea of get and post function from php. It uses databse information. Its not like wordpress where you can modify all pages and has a sweet admin page, but simply go to a certain link and post info, which will then be transfered automatically to the desired page.
To make the site very simple to navigate, I used one of php's best function called includes. What it basically does is tells the browser/server to get this file's code from this location (read tutorial here on how to use includes).
So please tell me what you think of my work. As the project leader, its pretty difficult to get ideas from those working beneath you since they also helped develop it. Its a $10,000 project so we need to do our best on it.
What I still need to do:
- work on a newsletter script
- code the layout to be compatible for wordpress MU
- modify the cpanel server login page to match site and cpanel theme
- write a secure, 1 time register, login script COMPLETED
Dec 6 2007, 12:42 AM
Outrageously Uber Ninja
Joined: 2-June 07
From: United States
Member No.: 14
The site looks pretty good. Make sure that the PHP scripts you are using are secure though.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 19th May 2013 - 02:00 AM|