Free Web hosting
At Zymic we offer free web hosting, with a level of professionalism any paid web hosting company offers, along with a full range of free hosting features.
We pride ourselves in being one of the most reliable and feature packed free web hosting services on the net. Our free hosting features include PHP/MySQL, free sub-domain names, Ad-free hosting and an overly generous disk and transfer allowance. Zymic.com's free web hosting is ideal for personal and business websites.
Free Web Hosting - Sign-up / Log-in
Don't have a Zymic Account? This option is for you: Simply sign-up and get access to your control panel.
Already have a Zymic Account? Simply log-in or go to your account to access your free Web hosting!
Free Web Hosting - Navigation
Free Web Hosting - Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the most frequently asked questions about our free web hosting service. Please note that if a question is not on our list you can post it in our free web hosting forum. We also provide in-depth tutorials which cover some of the topics listed in our FAQ, to see them please visit our free web hosting tutorial forum.
- 1) How much web space do you provide?
- We provide you with 5000MB of web space per hosting account. You are free to use as much web space as you like however please be aware that the largest size for an individual file is 15mb. [X] Close Answer
- 2) What is bandwidth and how much do you provide?
- Bandwidth is the amount of data your website can transfer per month. For example if someone downloads a 15mb file from your website, you have used 15mb of bandwidth. Every month the bandwidth counter will reset. [X] Close Answer
- 3) Do you put adverts on hosted websites?
- No. We prefer not to plaster advertisements all over your websites like most of our competitors. All pages of your website will be advert-free :) [X] Close Answer
- 4) How many websites can I have?
- You can host unlimited web hosting accounts with us! You will be able to view a list of websites you have with us by looking in your ZCP (Zymic Control Panel). [X] Close Answer
Uploading & Editing Files
- 5) How do I upload files and update my website?
- You have two choices; use FTP or our web based file manager. We highly recommend you use FTP as this enables you to edit and transfer files at much faster speeds. If you are not used to using FTP you can use the file manager which is in your ZHCP (Zymic Hosting Control Panel) which is easy to use. [X] Close Answer
- 6) How do I use FTP?
- You may view a tutorial we have written by visiting our tutorial forum. [X] Close Answer
- 7) How do I edit the homepage?
- Your home page is a file called index.html, by default this will be uploaded when you create your account. You can either delete it and upload your own home page or simply edit it. index.html will always be the page people see when they visit your site directly, e.g. http://site.99k.org so you must make sure you have it uploaded. index.htm, index.php etc may also work. [X] Close Answer
PHP & MySQL
- 8) Do you allow PHP and MySQL databases?
- Yes, we allow PHP and MySQL, in fact we are one of the few free hosting providers that do! [X] Close Answer
- 9) What is PHP?
- PHP is a popular server-side programming language. Many pre-made web scripts such as forums, chat boxes, etc require PHP in order to run on your website. [X] Close Answer
- 10) How many MySQL databases do you allow?
- We allow 5 databases per website account. This gives you enough accounts and storage to run plenty of databases on our servers. [X] Close Answer
- 11) Do you offer PHPMyAdmin?
- PHPMyAdmin is an advanced MySQL database management package which can perform a range of database tasks. It is open source, written in PHP, and is among the better tools available for working with MySQL databases. [X] Close Answer
- 12) How do I create a database?
- You can create a database by using the MySQL management page in your ZHCP (Zymic Hosting Control Panel). There are instructions on the page, however there should also be a tutorial in our web hosting support forum. [X] Close Answer
- 15) What type of websites are not allowed to be hosted?
- Any websites which are illegal, contain copyrighted files (warez), adult content, spamming scripts, web proxies etc. Please read our TOS before sign-up. [X] Close Answer
- 16) How do I report a website?
- Please report websites in our forum http://www.zymik.com/forum/Zymic-Free-Web-Hosting-f34.html. Or for more serious inquiries please email email@example.com [X] Close Answer
- 17) How do I get support?
- To get help with your webhosting please post in our support forum http://www.zymik.com/forum/Zymic-Free-Web-Hosting-f34.html. [X] Close Answer
- 18) What details should I post when asking for support?
- DO NOT post your user account password, including any database passwords what so ever. Your post will be displayed on a public forum and your password could fall into the wrong hands. Please be specific of what the problem is, e.g. not "My website is broken", for example is it a PHP problem, a database problem, FTP etc, and when did it break? [X] Close Answer